Happy Fall Y’all!
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t quite ready to put away our beach bags and pick out pumpkins this year. We were in major baby mode all summer (so grateful for that) and towards the end of the summer we finally got AG out and about to enjoy pool days! I could have soaked up a few more months of summer fun! Anyone else? But it turns out, having a little lady in the house has set a fire in me to take my seasonal decor and activities to the next level! So we’re embracing everything that fall has to offer!
This week was a good one. Lots of fun work projects, sweet time with my baby girl and her cute daddy, and fun things to look forward to! A few things on my mind…
- We’re taking Alba Grace to Disney World in November. You may remember she’s already been to the Happiest Place on Earth… well she was in my belly but she was there nonetheless. Our annual Disney trip continues, this time around with a 5 month old in tow. I’m currently on the hunt for a classic smocked outfit (read: not crazy about primary colors) but can’t seem to find anything in her size. Y’all send over recommendations if you have them. While you’re at it, please provide us with any and all tips on how to survive Disney with a baby. Stephanie just wrote a great post on the subject!
- I lost my raincoat somehow and am thinking about replacing it with this budget-friendly option. Love the blush. And it’d be cute with my new boots.
- Y’all blew my mind with your support during the Fernandina Paper Co. launch last month! I’m obsessed with you people. Ps. Holiday collection coming SOON!
- I read (well, listened to) and loved Girl, Wash Your Face. While I’m not usually a “self-help” fan for several reasons, I left with the conviction that I needed to stop breaking promises I’ve made to myself. This revelation has been huge for me these past few weeks.
- I’m almost done decorating for Fall but want to include a few halloween details. Wouldn’t these bats be cute on our white house?
- We use the IKEA version of these bins in our pantry – just noticed The Container Store has them online in case you don’t live near an IKEA.
- My friend Nanette has the sweetest Etsy shop – her swaddles are the perfect gift for new mamas in case you’re in the market!
- I signed on as a Beautycounter consultant and I’ve had so much fun sharing this brand with family and friends! Follow along on my Beautycounter Facebook page if you’re interested in learning more!!
- Y’all sent over so many interesting blog post ideas when I asked for some direction last week. A few topics that came in again and again were relating to our routines/how I find time for all the things I love, what my bible reading looks like, and where I shop for baby clothes. Because those three were the most requested, I’m working on those first! As always, if there’s a topic you’d like to read about here on Somethin’ Southern I’d love to know!
- I just finished Good Girls Revolt and am now watching Sweet Home Sextuplets. Would recommend both!!! What are y’all watching?
love y’all, mckenzie
We’re both wearing Lila + Hayes. Is there anything sweeter than matching your baby girl? I think NOT!
My baby girl is officially a 4 month old! Has anyone discovered the secret to slowing down time?! I feel like we were just bringing our miracle baby home from the hospital and cuddling her sweet self 24/7. I digress. 3 months was my favorite! She’s growing so much and loving life. Interested in everything and amazed by the world.